Job Code :
Corporate Financial Services
1. Calgary AB CA T3J 0A1
2. Edmonton AB CA T5J 0N3
Job Type :
Permanent Full Time
Job Grade :
Career Level :
Executive (SVP, VP, Department Head, etc)
Job Description :
Helping Albertans achieve their dreams by turning the complex world of banking into brilliantly simple solutions. That’s ATB. Is that you?
Coach of the Year. Magnificent Mentor. Visionary. Motivator. Team Player. Whether at work or out in your community, you are the person that knows how to bring it all together. You’re a natural leader and your passion and excitement comes from knowing that your efforts make a significant difference in the lives of your team members, customers and the community around you.
Managing Director CFS Finance
The Managing Director forms part of the Corporate Financial Services executive team as a partner, advisor and stakeholder and is engaged for their expertise on financial and business performance matters. CFS Finance provides financial advisory services to the Lines Of Business in the form of performance assessment, risk management and strategic planning. The team is an active contributor to the financial, operational and strategic objectives of the business. As the financial expert on banking, the CFS finance’s greatest value to the business is realized when their input becomes an integral part of the decision-making process and exerts influence on strategy.
You will find success based on your ability to:
Collaborate with and counsel business and corporate partners to optimize financial performance and ensure the integrity of planning and reporting processes by:
- Providing support to Executive and Senior Management by assisting in their decision making related to financial matters
- Developing diverse and deep networks amongst business and corporate partners
- Leading the preparation of the monthly financial statements and reporting package including measuring and monitoring business results to identify emerging patterns or trends that will have an impact to short and long term financial performance. This may include sales, profitability and performance reporting by portfolio, PMI, customer or product. Liaises with EVP to ensure appropriate corrective action is taken.
- Leading the development and refinement of tools, processes and practices that support performance measurement
- Providing business advisory services to all levels which improve business performance including oversight of fi Timely, relevant and accurate reporting on the historical financial performance of CFS’ business unit.
- The development of annual targets and budget for revenues and expenses associated with the business.
- Conducting Profitability analysis on the structure and pricing of offered and proposed products & services
- Ensuring that product and pricing activities align with the financial objectives of the line of business and the enterprise
- Minimizing risk through the application of accounting standards and organizationally accepted financial policies and the establishment of internal and external financial controls related to financial operations and reporting
- Oversight of monthly journal entries which impact the results of CFS.
Lead the long range financial planning process to ensure alignment of support units’ financial targets to the enterprise goals:
- collaborating with the leadership team in the development and documentation of their five year financial plan, strategic and operational objectives
- leading the establishment of strategic objectives, five-year targets, forecasting and modeling
- forecasting on revenues and expenses associated with the area of expertise
- ensure that strategic objectives and targets align with the financial objectives of the line and the enterprise
- Scorecard reporting, development and enhancement
Lead and develop a high performing team of professionals to support the business’ financial, operational and strategic objectives by:
- Providing effective leadership, coaching and direction to the embedded finance team.
- Recruiting and retain talent required to deliver business objectives.
- Developing, coaching and mentoring direct reports to achieving continuous success.
- Overseeing the delivery of programs and innovations using sound governance and process.
Be a stakeholder in Finance-driven projects and initiatives to ensure effective financial/accounting governance is applied
Participate in business case development and lead accounting for capital and operating projects
Job Requirements :
As the ideal candidate you possess:
- University Degree preferably in the business, financial or economic field. An MBA would be an asset.
- Accounting or Financial Designation is required
- 15 years plus post-designation experience
- Experience working in a revenue generating organization within the business or in a large operation environment within a strategic support role. Financial services experience is extremely valuable.
- Strong knowledge of IFRS accounting practices, policies and procedures
- Financial statement preparation, financial analysis and modeling experience required
- Proven leader
- Building a strategic partnership with senior executives; provide expert advise to all financial and performance management matters utilizing negotiation and problem solving skills
So what can ATB Financial offer you? Career advancement opportunities without ever having to leave the province, direct access to senior leaders, and a voice in our future. Our organization craves change and with that, opportunities abound for the right people. As an award-winning employer-of-choice – we have the best of the best working for Albertans. Sound like a team you want to be a part of?
Advancement. Opportunity. Balance… We get it.
To learn more visit atb.com.
Online applications are preferred. ATB Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, due to the high number of resumes we receive, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
For information on communities where ATB thrives, please visit http://www.atb.com/contact-us/Pages/branch-locator.aspx
Reports to: :
Chief Financial Officer
Closing date: :
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
(NOTE: You need to have an account created in order to refer someone. Clicking this button will ask you to log in. If you are a returning user, log in to refer the person. If you are a new user, please create a Resume Profile first.)