Helping Albertans achieve their dreams by turning the complex world of banking into brilliantly simple solutions. That’s ATB. Is that you?
Credit Analyst – BCE
Reporting to the Director Business Center of Expertise and indirectly reporting to the Senior Credit Analyst, the Credit Analyst is responsible for assisting the Business & Agriculture (B&AG) Business Centre of Expertise (BCE) through accurate and efficient administration of accounting and monitoring of Business &Agriculture Residential Builders Loans (RBL), Canada Small Business Financing Loans (CSBFA); as well as other specialized financing transactions managed by the BCE.
You will find success based on your ability to:
Team Member Experience:
Provides support to Sr. Credit Analyst to cover absences, and as workload permits, subject to direction and coordination of Director, BCE.
· Assists with the administration of all RBL programs for B&Ag, including instructions to solicitors, documentation review, monitoring, loan draw advances, pay downs, fee collection, etc.
· File and maintain files as required to ensure the required documentation is in order, including but not limited to:
o Maintains individual monitoring spreadsheets for Builder/CSBFA programs and respective loan account as a control to ensure loans do not exceed the authorized amounts as set out in the Loan Agreements and Applications for Credit
o Maintenance of database used to track the RBL/CSBFA program including tracking mortgages retained by ATB retail financial services.
Business Results / Business Performance:
· The Credit Analyst completes the day to day administration of B&Ag Residential Builders Program Loans and the Canada Small Business Financing Program. The incumbent will ensure all inputs are completed on time and accurately, with a great attention to detail to meet or exceed strict compliance requirements and avoid potential loss. The role is anticipated to quickly develop additional skills that will support the BCE with other specialized financing transactions where close monitoring and compliance are required
· Interacts with Relationship Managers, Builders, Solicitors, Property Inspectors, Appraisers, Credit and Central Services on a frequent basis.
o Submits an instruction for security preparation and registration, loan advances/pay downs/ inspections, etc.
o Advises of pending / completed requests as required.
o Contact with builders on credit related issues as directed by the Relationship Manager or Director BCE (ex. Follow up on financial information requirements for loan advance).
· Reviews security documentation packages to ensure required security is in order.
· Aid in the collection of source documentation (e.g.: blueprints, appraisals, inspections, sales contracts, invoices and other conditions recedent…)
· Conduct various searches required in the credit process as required
· Identifies and addresses potential problems/questions; refers them to the Relationship Manager, Sr. Credit Analyst, or Director BCE as required
· Performs manual calculations including available funds for advance against properties; and seasonal adjustments to loan facility accounts.
As the ideal candidate you possess:
· Connector: Builds relationships naturally, and brings people of mutual interest together easily
· Translator: Can convert large volumes of information, complex or ambiguous, into readily-understood communication
· Hungry: Combines the intrinsic motivation and drive to excel, with the ability and determination to achieve success
· Customer Service Passion: Delivering exceptional service by going beyond expectations.
· Business Judgment: Awareness of business issues, process and outcomes that affect ATB & the client
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
· Business or accounting degree or diploma
· 2-3 years Business/Commercial/Ag industry administrative experience
· Experience with legal conveyance
· Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities
· Ability to multitask and meet multiple deadlines within short time frames
· Exceptional attention to detail & strong organizational skills
· Exceptional knowledge in Microsoft Office, particularly Microsoft Excel Good working knowledge of Portal and all ATB computer systems
· Ability to communicate with confidence and credibility among professional sectors (lawyers, inspectors, appraisers, builders & senior B&Ag leaders.)
So what can ATB Financial offer you? Career advancement opportunities without ever having to leave the province, direct access to senior leaders, and a voice in our future. Our organization craves change and with that, opportunities abound for the right people. As an award-winning employer-of-choice – we have the best of the best working for Albertans. Sound like a team you want to be a part of?
Advancement. Opportunity. Balance… We get it.
To learn more visit atb.com.
Online applications are preferred. ATB Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, due to the high number of resumes we receive, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
For information on communities where ATB thrives, please visit http://www.atb.com/contact-us/Pages/branch-locator.aspx
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
(NOTE: You need to have an account created in order to refer someone. Clicking this button will ask you to log in. If you are a returning user, log in to refer the person. If you are a new user, please create a Resume Profile first.)