Search our Careers
Financial Advisor - Edmonton
Job Code :
Edmonton AB CA T6L 7G4
Job Type :
Permanent Full Time
Job Grade :
Career Level :
Job Description :
Helping Albertans achieve their dreams by turning the complex world of banking into brilliantly simple solutions. That’s ATB. Is that you?
Under the direction of the Manager, Investor Services, or the Regional Sales Manager, Investor Services, the Financial Advisor is responsible for partnering with the retail and independent business branch network to build relationships with existing clients while developing new business opportunities. This involves providing financial planning services and recommending appropriate ATB Investor Services solutions.
- Develops wealth management business based upon current or prospective ATB clients’ needs, objectives, and service requirements within the territory assigned.
- Actively manages a portfolio of client relationships.
- Establishes strong working relationship with internal customers including Regional Vice-Presidents, Branch Managers, CCC Associates, Product Specialists, and Corporate and Retail staff.
- Provides financial planning advice and counseling to both new and existing clients to solidify and expand customer relationships.
- Achieves sales objectives established.
- Ensures compliance requirements are met.
- Promotes and develops knowledge of wealth management services through the retail network and local community in order to encourage appropriate client referrals.
- Tracks sales activities and provides timely reporting, documentation, and submission of sales activities and business expenses.
- Adheres at all times to ATB Investor Services policies concerning "know your client" and other relevant policies and procedures.
Job Requirements :
- Minimum of 2 years of related securities industry experience, including selling individual securities and developing financial plans; IIROC or MFDA registered
- Proven track record of successfully building wealth management relationships with clients
- 5 years of sales and customer experience in the financial services industry
- Communication and interpersonal competencies
Designations / Training Required / Prerequisites:
- University Degree or equivalent related experience
- Canadian Securities Course
- Conduct and Practices Handbook
- Completed or working towards a financial planning designation
So what can ATB Financial offer you? Career advancement opportunities without ever having to leave the province, direct access to senior leaders, and a voice in our future. Our organization craves change and with that, opportunities abound for the right people. As an award-winning employer-of-choice – we have the best of the best working for Albertans. Sound like a team you want to be a part of?
Advancement. Opportunity. Balance… We get it.
To learn more visit atb.com.
Online applications are preferred. ATB Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, due to the high number of resumes we receive, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
For information on communities where ATB thrives, please visit http://www.atb.com/contact-us/Pages/branch-locator.aspx
Reports to: :
Regional Sales Manager - Edmonton
Closing date: :
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
(NOTE: You need to have an account created in order to refer someone. Clicking this button will ask you to log in. If you are a returning user, log in to refer the person. If you are a new user, please create a Resume Profile first.)